Jan 5, 2015

e.l.f. Site Haul No. 2

Purchased Affiliate / Referral Link

I made my second e.l.f. purchase during another half off sale!


What is it?


e.l.f. is a drugstore brand with inexpensive cosmetics.


Cost


This was $40 USD plus tax, coupled with cashback from my Discover credit card and Ebates.


Shipping


This package shipped Oct. 21st and it arrived on Oct. 24th.


Packaging


The parcel arrived in a white box, and all my products were inside a clear drawstring bag. The downside is that there is no padding, and my false eyelash packaging broke, but it's not a big deal because I can still use the product.


Contents




I bought more brushes!


Studio Angled Blush Brush
$3.00 USD

Studio Angled Foundation Brush
$3.00 USD

Studio Stipple Brush
$3.00 USD
I feel that this brush is not as dense as it should be for a stipple brush, especially compared to e.l.f.'s Studio Small Stipple Brush. I like that brush more.

Studio Angled Contour Brush
$3.00 USD

Studio Crease Brush
$3.00 USD
This brush is new to the Studio collection, and it is too big for my crease and the amount of eyelid space I have.

Essential Smudge Brush
$1.00 USD

Essential Foundation Brush
$1.00 USD
I got this to apply masks, and it works very well for that purpose. As for foundation, it goes on very streaky with uneven coverage.



Studio Lip Exfoliator
$3.00 USD
I really like this! It tastes good, smells good, and works very well, especially if your lips are wet and pruny.

Studio Lip Stain in Red Carpet
$3.00 USD

Studio Lip Balm SPF 15 in Rose and Clear
$3.00 USD
I haven't tried the Clear one yet, but the Rose one is great! It is very hydrating, great pigmentation for a lip balm, and adds a flattering color and shine to my lips. The downside is that this has peppermint oil, which I am not a fan of and should have thoroughly read the ingredients list before committing to purchase.

Essential Soothing Lip Balm in Strawberry Creme, Blueberry Creme, and Vanilla Creme
$1.00 USD each
I like lip balms, and these were 50¢ each during their sale, so I decided to get the entire collection.

Essential Lipstick in Charming
$1.00 USD
This color leans too much on the powdery pink side for me to be wearable. I thought it was going to be a darker color, but it's too light. Don't let the website color deceive you! Check out other bloggers' swatches and make sure to look at different lighting of the products! Even if you google this product's color, there are different colors of it on people's lips, so if you are fine with experimenting with different colors inexpensively, this is a good option to consider.



Mineral Eye Liner in Ash
$3.00 USD

Essential 5-Piece Shimmer Eyeliner Set
$5.00 USD
You will not get a white eyeliner in the set, even though the image on the website might have the white eyeliner. Instead, it is a grey eyeliner.

Studio Kohl Eyeliner
$3.00 USD

Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Pearl / Glow
$3.00 USD
This is a great combo and color for highlighting the inner corners and right on the bottom lashline.

Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Black
$1.00 USD
This product is terrible on my oily lids as the only product. The product forms droplets and creates an uneven film across my eyelids, which makes it splotchy in some areas and very diluted near the wings. The way I got it to work was to use either eyeshadows or an eyeliner beforehand so that the liner has something to cling onto, and then it works beautifully.

Essential Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara
$1.00 USD
This works well for the first hour, and then a very slight movement of my brows will "crack" the product and undo the adhesiveness.

Studio Exact Lash Mascara
$3.00 USD

Studio Waterproof Mascara Top Coat
$3.00 USD
I really like this! It extends the life of my mascara and prevents my oily lids from smudging everything. Surprisingly, it did not weigh my lashes down.

Essential Glitter Mascara in Black
$1.00 USD
I don't know what irked me to purchase this, even after looking at the bristles (or lack thereof), but this is a trash product. I can barely layer this onto my lashes without massive clumping even with one swipe from the nonexistent bristles. Also, there is barely any glitter on the brush because the glitter has settled to the walls of the container.



Essential Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Champagne
$2.00 USD

Essential Dual Pencil Sharpener
$1.00 USD

Studio Cream Liner in Black
$3.00 USD
Either I am having trouble applying this, the e.l.f. brushes I used to apply this product sucks, or the product sucks. The brush it came with is too stiff and hurts to use. I've tried e.l.f Studio's Small Angled, Flat Eyeliner, Small Precision, Small Smudge, and Angled Eyeliner Brushes, but the results were more or less the same. The product clumps on the brush, it doesn't apply evenly onto my lash line, it takes multiple rounds of layering to get to a uniform black line, and applying so many layers hurt my skin. The most successful brush is the Angled Eyeliner one, but even then, it is the same problems with the other brushes, it just takes less layers.

Studio Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree
$3.00 USD

Essential Smudge Pot in Brownie Points
$3.00 USD
I'm definitely getting more of this! It is creamy, it can be as toned down or up as you want, and can be a base or a standalone eyeshadow.

Essential Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach
$1.00 USD
I like that this product is eyes, lips, and face safe, but the texture is not ideal for blending. It feels like lip gloss.

Essential Individual Lash Kit
$1.00 USD

Studio Eye Refresh
$3.00 USD
This is the most inexpensive undereye roller ball moisturizer I've come across and it works just as well as other rollers I've tried.

Studio Hydrating Face Primer
$6.00 USD


Conclusion


Overall, I am content with my purchase, the e.l.f website, and the e.l.f. brand in general. Save for the few duds, I think e.l.f. is such a great and affordable makeup company.


Deals


Use Ebates for some cashback at e.l.f.!



No comments:

Post a Comment