Dec 29, 2014

THEFACESHOP Herb Day Cleansing Cream 5 Combined Cereal Review


I wanted to try a cream cleanser and I happened to be near a THEFACESHOP store. I eventually decided to get the Herb Day Cleansing Cream in 5 Combined Cereal for $8.71 USD after reading the ingredients and giving it a patch test. I also picked this over the other variants because this has the mildest scent out of the other Herb Day Cleansing Creams. I've been using this for over a month and eventually stopped.


What is it?


THEFACESHOP Herb Day Cleansing Cream 5 Combined Cereal is a cleansing cream that claims to be suitable for all skin types.


Ingredients

Water, mineral oil, dipropylene glycol, isopropyl myristate, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, cetearyl glucoside, sorbitan olinate, dimethecone, hordeum distichon (barley) extract (0.25%), panicum miliaceum (millet) seed extract (0.25%), oryza sativa (rice) extract (0.25%), glycine soja (soybean) seed extract (0.25%), phaseollus radiatus extract (0.25%), salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, aspalathus linearis extract, lilium candidum extract, anthemis nobilus extract, borago officinalis extract, centaurea cyanus flower extract, lauric acid, carbomer, butylene glycol, potassium hydroxide, disodium edta, caramel, methylparaben, etylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance, benzyl benzoate, linalool.
Mineral oil works very well as a makeup remover due to its ability to dissolve makeup. Polysorbate 60 is the emulsifier that will allow water and oil-like substances to mix, and I don't usually get reactions from polysorbates. There's the five different grain extracts that I am having trouble finding what they do topically, along with the other plant extracts.

I see isopropyl myristate as a possible acne trigger for me, and isopropyl myristate and fragrance as possible irritants.


Packaging



This is a jar type packaging with 150 mL of product. It has an inner lid for hygiene and product spillage prevention. There was also a safety sticker, so you can be sure your new product has not been tampered with. I don't really like cleansers in a jar, as I will have wet hands when I come in contact with the cleanser, so I depotted some of the cleanser into a smaller jar.


Scent


The scent is a floral / fruity cross with a hint of citrus, probably owning to the linalool ingredient. I wouldn't call this a mild scent, as it doesn't dissipate even when you rinse it off.


Appearance


This cream cleanser has an off white opaqueness.


Texture


It is creamy, but when you spread it, you can feel how oily it is.


Application


I just massage the product onto my skin, and when I've massage enough to cover my face and dislodge the day's grime (usually about thirty seconds), I then rinse off. If I have makeup on, I tend to massage it for longer until I have dislodged the makeup and then rinse. After rinsing, I pat dry with a towel.


Just a dab of the cleanser on my arm.


The cleanser spread across my skin.


After rinsing and air drying my arm.

I don't think it's that visible in photo from directly above, but there's a sheen to my arm that shows how oily my skin still is from just rinsing and air drying the area where I smeared the product all over my lower arm. I did not towel dry for this swatch to show that the cream cleanser does not rinse off that nicely.



e.l.f. Lip Stain swatch left on for mere seconds, and then a quick swipe of THEFACESHOP Herb Day Cleansing Cream.


A light massaging of the cream cleanser.


After massaging and rinsing the cleanser off. Stain is still there.


I also used the e.l.f. Lip Stain to show how it does against makeup, as the stain has not even had time to set yet. As you can see, the photo right above shows that the cleanser is not that good at removing makeup.


Performance


Even though I have combo oily and dry skin, this cleanser is not drying, something I like about cream cleansers. In terms of cleansing, this product is on par with my CVS Hydrating Cleanser. As a makeup remover, it is subpar compared to oil cleansing with olive oil. It also does not rinse cleanly, which it should be doing because this is a cleanser and it should emulsify with water. And when I try to take off my eye makeup, it stings my eyes. Even if I don't directly use the cleanser on my eyelids, just indirectly massaging it all over my face will eventually migrate to my eyes and cause it to become itchy.


Conclusion


Pros:
  • Good as an everyday cleanser.
  • Nondrying.
Neutral:
  • Jar packaging.
Cons:
  • Stings eyes.
  • Don't like fragrance.
  • Fragrance causes sneezing.
  • Fragrance lingers after rinsing.
  • Does not rinse cleanly.

If you are are not easily irritated, can stand mildly strong fragrances, or don't mind wiping off cream cleansers, then this product will do just fine as an overall cleanser. But, this cleanser is no good for me. Its cleans well as an everyday cleanser, but it cannot remove makeup that well. It also stung my eyes if any of the product got onto my eyeballs, and the fragrance made me sneeze. Plus, it doesn't rinse off cleanly. You would have to pat or wipe your skin with a towel, and then rinse again to ensure that there's no more product left on your skin. At least this did not cause any new acne, which is surprising, considering some high comedogenic ingredients like isopropyl myristate. Overall, this is meh product for me I will not repurchase.

What do you think?


Where to Purchase


Website Price
RoseRoseShop ₩ 3,300
Tester Korea ₩ 3,300
Beautynet Korea $9.99 USD
Prices exclude shipping and handling costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment