Dec 8, 2015

e.l.f. Site Haul No. 3

Purchased Affiliate / Referral Link


I have another e.l.f. haul installment! They recently had another half off sale on Nov. 11th, so of course I would take advantage of the discount!


What is it?


e.l.f. is a low end drugstore brand.


Cost


My total came out to be $43.50 USD.


Shipping


I ordered this on Nov. 11th. Unfortunately, it was not shipped out until Nov. 20th and I will elaborate further on this below.


Packaging


This time, there is no clear plastic bag, which is fine with me. There is an airpack that sat on top of everything inside the box. I can't say how much damage that singular airpack has mitigated, though.


Contents



Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight, Lilac Petal, and Pink Lemonade
$1.00 USD each
I purchased all the other varieties that I don't currently own. Golden Peach is in my possession, and it works as an eyeshadow or lip color topper, but not quite so much as highlighter because I don't find the shimmer to be fine enough. You can, of course, still use it as a highlighter if you like the look of it.

Shimmer Palette
$3.00 USD
Although I was able to play with a tester, the shimmers have too big of flecks for my liking as a highlighter. They are also very similar to the Shimmering Facial Whip, but a creamier texture and in a palette.

Eye Transformer
$3.00 USD
I was able to swatch this before purchase, and I love how unassuming the pressed powders look in the pan, but when it is layered over a darker base, it gives this beautiful sheen of red/pink, blue, green or yellow depending on the color you chose.



Eyeshadow Primer in Sheer
$3.00 USD
I did not receive this item. I was charged for it, even though it was marked on my invoice, indicating that they knew it was out of stock.

Glitter Primer in Sheer
$2.00 USD
I want to test e.l.f.'s eyeshadow primers to see if they are worth the rave reviews.

Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer in Sheer
$2.00 USD
Another primer I want to see if it's worth the hype.

Precision Liquid Eyeliner
$3.00 USD
I wanted to try this to see if it is better than their less expensive Expert Liquid Liner. It's not. The formula might be, as I have not extensively tested that, but the brush is most definitely not. It is too stiff and scratchy, and the hairs separate easily. I'd rather use the Expert Liquid Liner.

Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Plum/Purple and Green/Moss
$3.00 USD
I already own the Pearl/Glow that I use for my lower lash line. I thought I'd expand on this collection because I like the one I have. Unfortunately, the Green/Moss one must have been out of stock once they put together my package.

3-in-1 Mascara
$3.00 USD
I purely purchased this for the crazy wand shape. I hope it is a dryer, more waterproof formula that can hold a curl.



HD Lifting Concealer in Adjusting, Balancing, Brightening, and Fair
$3.00 USD each
I like the tester from trying it out, and the color neutralizing ones did pretty well for a thin, but not runny, formula. The consistency reminds me of the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. The fair one seems like a good match due to it having greyish undertones rather than leaning red, orange, or yellow.

Corrective Concealer in Erase & Conceal
$3.00 USD
Just more color correcting, but with pink!



Eyebrow Duo Brush
$3.00 USD
I really like the angled brush end, and it seems like it can work for eyeliner, too! It is soft, unlike their Flat Eyeliner Brush and the Small Angled Brush. But the spoolie end is stiff and scratchy and tugs at my skin as I draw it across my brows. I currently use the Small Precision Brush for my brows, so I think I will pass this brush on.

Lash & Brow Comb
$3.00 USD
I wanted this to help separate my lashes even further once I've used mascara, or to apply mascara. It is absolute trash. You have to constantly wiggle the darn comb end as much as you can while you drag the comb upwards from the base of your lashes. If you don't, there's no chance that the comb will actually comb through your lashes. All this product does is tug on my lashes and lids. If you have mascara on, it just gets mascara everywhere. The teeth are just not thin enough. Skip this for a metal one instead. The brow comb is also stiff and scratchy, which pulls on my skin as I use it on my eyebrows.

Eye Shadow Brush
$1.00 USD
I was disappointed with the Eyeshadow "C" Brush because some hairs were scratchier than others and irritated my eyelids. So far, this brush's bristles are so much softer than the Studio line's, but there is some intense shedding going on. The shedding stopped as soon as I washed it.

Eye Crease Brush
$1.00 USD
This is another soft brush, and smaller than the Contour Brush. I have the same problems with the Contour Brush as the Eyeshadow "C" Brush, in that they had a few weird bristles that would scratch and irritate my skin. The Eye Crease Brush holds up pretty well so far, albeit it sheds. It stopped once I washed it.

Mineral Powder Brush
$3.00 USD
So I repurchased this because I remembered it being bigger, but nope. It works so much better than the Blush Brush and the Small Tapered Brush for powder blushes.



Matte Lip Color in Praline
$3.00 USD
I thought this color would match my lips. I like the formula in that it doesn't crack once it starts wearing away, and is non-drying. It lasts about 4 hours, but it doesn't hold up to food.

Mineral Infused Face Primer in Brightening Lavender and Tone Adjusting Green
$3.00 USD each
I just wanted to try them out. As you can see, I ordered the Tone Adjusting Green, but got the Illuminating Face Primer (Radiant Glow) instead.

Revitalizing Mist
$6.00 USD
So far, it smells good. Had I known it would be 30mL, I would not get this at it's full price.

Perfect Finish HD Powder
$3.00 USD
I am a combo oily person. Powder is at times a must.

High Definition Powder in Sheer
$3.00 USD
Another powder, but loose!


Customer Service


Like I said, I ordered this package on Nov. 11th. Once I haven't received a tracking number in at least 5 business days, I emailed e.l.f. to inquire about my order and why I couldn't log into my account. After about two days of no response from e.l.f., I saw their instagram post:

Elfettes: Please know we greatly appreciate our customers and would like to sincerely apologize for the recent issues surrounding our 11/11 sale. If your order has not been shipped yet, our shipping department has assured us that all orders will be sent out by the end of the day on November 21st. You will be sent an e-mail with tracking information at that time. If you have received an e-mail with tracking information and have had difficulties tracking your order, please track it at fedex.com/tracking. If your order is not showing movement when you are tracking it, please allow an additional two to three business days and check again. We greatly appreciate your patience and loyalty to e.l.f. and we apologize again for any inconvenience.

A photo posted by e.l.f. Cosmetics (@elfcosmetics) on



Social media is a good way to broadcast to the masses in an instant, so I am completely fine with them addressing issues with being overwhelmed. At around the same day, I received the following generic email message from customer service, and nothing about being unable to access my account:
Thank you so much for your inquiry. Please know that we greatly appreciate you as a customer and would like to apologize for any confusion. Due to the great success of our new website and our recent sale, our customer service department has been overwhelmed. We want to respond to you as quickly as possible and think that the following should help answer some of your questions.

If your order has not been shipped yet, our shipping department has assured us that all orders will be sent out by the end of the day on November 21st. You will be sent an e-mail with tracking information at that time.

If you have received an e-mail with tracking information and have had difficulties tracking your order, please track it at fedex.com/tracking. If your order is not showing movement when you are tracking it, please allow an additional two to three business days and check again.

We greatly appreciate your patience and loyalty to e.l.f. and we apologize again for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The e.l.f. Team

I can see why I have two missing items and a wrong item in my order. And they've circled the products in the invoice they slip into the package, but I have not been reimbursed for items at the time that they knew the items are out of stock when they got to my shipment. They were also cramming to pack and ship it out on Nov. 21st, along with who knows how many other people's. I am okay with my items being later than usual, as I am in no hurry to get them because I am not constrained to. I just would have liked that e.l.f. increased the time they've allotted for themselves so they can pack the orders properly.

They also did another two half off sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so that delayed the customer service communication. The good news is that they've refunded me for my missing items once I sent another email.


Conclusion


e.l.f. has corrected their shipment issue by refunding me, so there's no problem with customer service. Along with that, I am happy, as always, to receive and play with my goodies!


Deals


Use Ebates for some cashback at e.l.f.! It's $10 credit when you first join. I get $10 back if you use my link.

No comments:

Post a Comment